We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.Before having my first child, I was one of those moms who said I would never let my kid watch TV until they were two years old. Bahahah! Well a neck injury right before my baby turned one made me desperate for something to entertain my child with while my neck healed. Thankfully, my child loves TV and can sit and watch an entire episode of something. It comes in handy, but we are careful to not over-use this “babysitter!”
Anyway, there are some shows that I just won’t turn on. They drive me nuts and/or aren’t the best things for my child to watch. The following shows, however, are great! They are fun for Baby D to watch, and even I enjoy watching them with her!
- Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood** (Amazon Instant Video)-I grew up watching Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood, so I especially thing this show is adorable. Daniel Tiger and his friends learn life lessons through little jingles that you WILL use on your kids. Or in my case, your kid will use on you when you’re feeling frustrated.
- Llama Llama (Netflix)-We LOVE the Llama Llama books and lost our mindswhen we saw this was made into a TV show by Netflix. There’s only one season, so we’ve been through it a few times already! There are two stories per episode, some written around Llama Llama books. Good lessons, cute characters, catchy theme song!
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie** (Amazon Instant Video) My personal favorite-this show is based on the If You Give a Mouse a Cookie book series. It focus on the IF…THEN… concept through adorable stories and funny characters. We love the yoga-doing Pig and the cookie-loving mouse!
- Clifford’s Puppy Days (Netflix)-We all love Clifford the Big Red Dog, but what was he like as a puppy? Very small, apparently. This ironic show follows the early life of Clifford as he struggles because he is so darn tiny!
- Puffin Rock (Netflix)-What’s cuter than a show about a little puffin and her friends? A show about a puffin and her friends with Irish accents! Oona and her little brother Baba life on Puffin Rock, a paradise full of shrews, seals, seagulls, and more! This is seriously the cutest show on the planet, minus the farting shrew. 😉
**Amazon Prime comes with many perks, including Instant Video! We love Prime and use it all the time. (Free 2-day shipping?! YES!!!) Click here to try Prime for free for 30 days and get access to Instant Video!
Have you found any shows you and your toddler enjoy watching? Share in comments!